Learn It - Review It - Own It
Daf-A-Week is a program to study one page (two sides) of gemara per week.
The program started at the beginning of the twelfth cycle of Daf Yomi.
The goal is to learn one daf per week with extensive time for review.
The first cycle will end together with the eighteenth cycle of the Daf Yomi
Daf-A-Week My Method
There are many reasons why one would join the Daf-A-Week program. My personal goal is for an overview of Shas (or as much of Shas as I can). I am not using Daf-A-Week for my iyun (in depth) learning. Therefore, my stress is to review the text of the Gemora as many times as my schedule permits. I use Artscroll to help me get a quick understanding of the Gemora. I also try to go through Rashi at least once during the week. But my main thrust is in reviewing the Gemora. I have been using the following schedule.
- Learn the first quarter of the daf 3 times
- Review the first quarter of the daf
- Learn the second quarter of the daf 3 times
- Review the second quarter of the daf
- Learn the third quarter of the daf 3 times
- Review the third quarter of the daf
- Learn the fourth quarter of the daf 3 times
- Review the fourth quarter of the daf
- Review the first half of the daf 3 times
- Review the second half of the daf 3 times
- Review the full daf 3 times
With this schedule the daf is reviewed ten times. In addition, over the week, I review the daf I learned ten weeks ago.